LAHORE: Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah has dispelled the impression that blast at a restaurant in Lahore’ Defence area on Thursday was not a terror activity and cited forensic reports to corroborate his assertion.
Speaking to media here, Sanaullah said some leads were found, hinting that the explosion may have triggered by cylinder gas leakage inside the restaurant.
“No proofs of explosives detonation have been found in the forensic report,” he added.
The minister said so far investigation into the explosion suggested that it occurred in the wake of ‘negligence’.
He underlined that Pakistan Electronic Media and Regulatory Authority will take its course accordingly on misreporting about the blast by some sections of the press.
Regarding a question, Sanaullah said snap checking had been beefed up across the city for the security of citizens.