ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has condemned the bombing on Quetta’s Gulistan road that left 11 dead and over a dozen injured on Friday morning, ARY News reported.
The premier in a statement said terrorists were targeting innocent citizens in the holy month of Ramazan. “Such a cowardly attack is the reflection of the terrorists’ evil nature.”
PM Nawaz said the whole nation was united against terrorism and those involved in such brutal acts will be brought to justice. He asked the provincial government to ensure proper medical treatment to those injured in the attack and prayed for the departed souls.
Balochistan, the mineral rich southwestern province of Pakistan, facing terrorists of many hues involved in the war against the state. Earlier, on June 19 a vehicle of the Navy personnel had been ambushed by the terrorists near coastal town of Jiwani in which two navy men were killed and scores of others were injured.
The prime minister condemning the attack had reiterated that these cowardly attacks could not weaken his government’s resolve against terrorism and extremism.
“Peace in the province has been ensured after countless sacrifices of our valiant security personnel. We will not allow the enemy to hinder the unprecedented progress and development underway in Balochistan,” PM Nawaz said.